Coaching and Mentoring For Dummies
US $19.99 Add to Cart
If you want to create a lean, mean, working machine in today’s environment you need a game plan for building employee morale and commitment. By coaching and mentoring your work force—instead of implementing staid traditional management techniques—you’ll start to see tremendous results.
Regardless of where you find yourself on the corporate ladder and what level of authority you carry, what you and other managers share in common is the responsibility for the performance of others. Coaching and Mentoring For Dummies can open your eyes to this innovative way of managing and show you the best way to get the most out of those who work for you.
Coaching and Mentoring For Dummies provides the foundation for understanding what business coaching is all about, and helps you gain or improve the coaching skills that drive employee performance and commitment. These skills, which serve as the main topics of this book, involve: getting employees to deliver the results you need; guiding employees to think and do for themselves; motivating employees to take on responsibility and perform effectively; and growing employee capabilities that lead to career development and success
You’ll also discover how to:
- Use questions rather than commands
- Be a delegator, not a doer
- Complete performance reviews without anxiety
- Grow your employees’ talents
- Increase productivity and decrease turnover
- Guidance on being a coach rather than a doer" and giving feedback in a positive way
- Advice on motivating, grooming, and growing employees
- Tips on tackling diversity issues, performance reviews, and other challenges