Coaching Basketball For Dummies
US $19.99 Add to Cart
So you’re thinking about volunteering to coach youth basketball? Great! You’re in for a fun, rewarding experience. Whether you’re new to the sport and looking for some guidance or you’re a seasoned coach hunting for some fresh tips, Coaching Basketball For Dummies will help you command the court with confidence.
Each friendly chapter is packed with expert advice on teaching the basics of basketball—from dribbling and shooting to rebounding and defending—and guiding your kids to a fun-filled, stress-free season. You get a crash course in the rules and regulations of the game, as well as clear explanations of what all those lines, circles, and half-circle markings mean on the court. You’ll assign team positions, run great practices, and work with both beginning and intermediate players of different age groups. You’ll also see how to ramp up your players’ skills and lead your team effectively during a game. This book will also help you discover how to:
- Develop your coaching philosophy
- Understand your league’s rules
- Conduct a preseason parents’ meeting—crucial for opening the lines of communication
- Teach offensive and defensive strategies
- Keep your kids healthy and injury-free
- Encourage good sportsmanship
- Make critical half-time adjustments during a game
- Help struggling players
- Address discipline problems and handle difficult parents
- Coach an All-Star or Travel team
Complete with numerous offensive and defensive drills and tips for helping your kids relax before a game, Coaching Basketball For Dummies is the fun and easy way to get the score on this worthwhile endeavor!