C++ For Dummies, 5th Edition
If you’ve thought of programmers as elite intelligentsia who possess expertise (and perhaps genes) the rest of us will never have, think again. C++ For Dummies, 5th Edition, debunks the myths, blasts the barriers, shares the secrets, and gets you started. In fact, by the end of Chapter 1, you’ll be able to create a C++ program. OK, it won’t be newest, flashiest video game, but it might be a practical, customized inventory control or record-keeping program.
Most people catch on faster when they actually DO something, so C++ For Dummies includes a CD-ROM that gives you all you need to start programming (except the guidance in the book, of course), including:
- Dev-C, a full-featured, integrated C++ compiler and editor you install to get down to business
- The source code for the programs in the book, including code for BUDGET, programs that demonstrate principles in the book
- Documentation for the Standard Template Library
- Online C++ help files
Written by Stephen Randy Davis, author of C++ Weekend Crash Course, C++ for Dummies, takes you through the programming process step-by-step. You’ll discover how to:
- Generate an executable
- Create source code, commenting it as you go and using consistent code indentation and naming conventions
- Write declarations and name variables, and calculate expressions
- Write and use a function, store sequences in arrays, and declare and use pointer variables
- Understand classes and object-oriented programming
- Work with constructors and destructors
- Use inheritance to extend classes
- Use stream I/O
- Comment your code as you go, and use consistent code indentation and naming conventions
- Automate programming with the Standard Template Library (STL)
C++ for Dummies 5th Edition is updated for the newest ANSI standard to make sure you’re up to code.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.