Breeding Dogs For Dummies
Written by Rick Beauchamp, professional breeder, exhibitor, and author of numerous books on the care and feeding of purebred dogs, Breeding Dogs For Dummies fills you in on every facet of the business. Packed with priceless insider tips and expert advice and guidance, it tells you what you need to know to:
- Decide whether dog breeding is really for you
- Choose the right breed for you
- Create the best possible breeding environment for your dogs
- Establish a breeding program
- Find the right breeding stock
- Comply with all government and AKC regulations
- Care for and socialize your pups
- Find the right owners for your dogs
Explore what it takes to start a breeding program that will ensure your dogs’ health and enhance their lineage for fun and profit. Topics covered in detail include:
- Selecting breeding stock and keeping track of breed types
- Understanding purebred genetics and genotype characteristics
- Finding and selecting the right stud dog and brood bitch
- Prenatal care, whelping, and raising puppies
- Running a successful dog breeding business—including tips on budgeting, taxes, registration, charting, planning litters, transactions, sales contracts, and more
Breeding puppies involves many responsibilities, but it can also be one of the most enjoyable and rewarding experiences of your life. Make sure that it is—order a copy of Breeding Dogs For Dummies today.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Buy Breeding Dogs For Dummies
(List Price: US $21.99)
with Dog Tricks and Agility For Dummies, 2nd Edition (List Price = US $19.99) Cannot be combined with any other offers. Learn more.