Baseball For Dummies, 3rd Edition
"This book has something for everybody, from longtime fans to Little Leaguers."
New York Newsday
Baseball For Dummies, Third Edition, is for baseball fans at all levels, from players and coaches to spectators who love the game. Baseball Hall of Fame player and ESPN baseball analyst Joe Morgan explains baseball with remarkable insight, using down-to-earth language so everyone from the casual observer to the die-hard fan can gain a fuller appreciation of the sport. This updated edition features:
- Everything you need to know about the game, from what it takes to play each position and how to hit and run the bases to what to watch for in the game and how to appreciate the finer points of the sport
- Coverage of new star players, new stadiums, and game milestones
- The lowdown on today’s baseball Web resources
- The latest on stats and sabermetrics
- The inside story on the new steroid rules
From how to throw a knuckleball or hit an inside pitch to how to keep a scorecard or pick a winning fantasy league team, Morgan covers all the bases, showing you how to get the most out of the game. You’ll see how to:
- Improve your hitting, pitching, and fielding
- Find a team to play on, from Little League on up
- Evaluate stats, players, and records
- Coach or umpire effectively
- Get more out of a trip to the ballpark
Complete with Morgan’s personal lists of top-ten pitchers, fielders, and relievers, as well as new quotes from Derek Jeter and Keith Hernandez, Baseball For Dummies gives you all the inside tips, facts, and stats so you can play like a Major Leaguer!
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Buy Baseball For Dummies, 3rd Edition
(List Price: US $19.99)
with Coaching Baseball For Dummies (List Price = US $19.99) Cannot be combined with any other offers. Learn more.