AppleScript For Dummies, 2nd Edition
US $34.99 Add to Cart
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Spending a little time with this book can save lots of time on the computer!
AppleScript is object-oriented programming language used to write script files to automate tasks and customize applications for the Mac. AppleScript can automate much of what you do with your Mac computer, saving time and helping you be more productive. Businesses and individuals frequently use it for:
- Batch processing
- File conversion and manipulation
- Performing tasks at specified times
- Transferring information between databases and other applications
- Creating automated workflows by linking the actions of multiple applications to perform a series of related tasks
Written by Tom Trinko, a Mac man since 1984,and author of articles for MacTutor and MacTech Journal, AppleScript For Dummies, 2nd Edition covers everything from the basics to more advanced stuff, with information on:
- Finding and installing AppleScript
- Using AppleScript to automate tasks in programs such as Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro, and the Mac OS Finder
- Arranging applications to work together to accomplish complex tasks
- Controlling applications that aren’t even scriptable
- Taking advantage of tools that make composing AppleScript programs easy and fun
- Finding additional AppleScript information on the Internet and elsewhere
With this book, you’ll discover how to script Internet activities, iLife applications, and more. Then, instead of letting your computer and/or software dictate how you do things (and often, how you have to do them over and over and over), you take charge! You’ll agree —this book is MacNificent!