Adobe® AIR For Dummies®
This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
Want to create rich Internet applications and RIA desktop apps that run seamlessly online and offline? Adobe AIR —Adobe Integrated Runtime — makes it possible; Adobe AIR For Dummies makes it easy.
AIR allows Web developers to create rich Internet applications using Web technologies. They run on desktops and across multiple operating systems, and they’re more than mere wimpy widgets. Adobe AIR For Dummies gives you the scoop on AIR, working with local file systems and databases, setting up security, and all the stuff you need to know to create cool AIR apps. You’ll learn to:
- Integrate AIR applications with Flash
- Use AIR to access services like eBay and AOL videos on the desktop
- Understand the AIR security model and how application sandboxes protect your code and data
- Create apps for network connectivity, monitor remote network services, and work with audio files
- Debug your apps with the AIR Debug Launcher, the alert command, or the AIR HTML Introspector
- Set the environment path in Vista, Windows XP, or Mac OS X
- Use HTML and CSS as building blocks and handle events in HTML DOM
- Add drag-and-drop capability in Flex, Flash, and HTML apps
If you’re excited about the possibilities of building applications that run on the desktop and interface with external Web apps, Adobe AIR For Dummies is just what you need to get started!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.