If you've never programmed Access before, you'll find Access 97 Programming For Windows For Dummies not only a quick and thorough primer to get you up to speed, but also a long-term resource you'll turn to again and again as you expand the functionality, performance, and ease-of-use of the databases you program. Plus, the companion CD-ROM contains two bonus chapters and lots of sample source code used throughout the book.
With best-selling author Rob Krumm as your guide, you'll discover how to...
* Build your own programs using the rich Access Basic programming language
* Test code reliably and efficiently with Krumm's own foolproof methods
* Deploy the power of SQL (Structured Query Language) to integrate multiple database sources
* Harness the power of built-in Access features, such as OLE/DDE (Object Linking and Embedding/Dynamic Data Exchange) and Wizards that lead you step-by-step through many tasks
* Create and distribute Access 97 applications by using the Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition Tools (ODE Tools)