AP U.S. History For Dummies
Getting ready to tackle the AP U.S. History exam? AP U.S. History For Dummies is a practical, step-by-step guide that will help you perfect the skills and review the knowledge you need to achieve your best possible score! Discover how to identify what the questions are really asking and find out how to combine your history knowledge with context clues to craft thoughtful essays. Try your hand at two true-to-life AP exams, complete with detailed answer explanations and scoring guides.
You’ll find out how to put together a game plan, develop a study strategy, decode the Political – Economic – Social (PES) answer secret, and understand exactly what’s going to be on the stress. This easy-to-understand guide reviews all periods of U.S. history, from the country’s earliest inhabitants to the present day. Ease your mind on stress day and feel completely prepared by completing the two practice exams with answers and explanations. Find out how to:
- Prepare a study plan for the time leading up to the exam
- Decode your score and learn how to get the best score
- Put your knowledge to work
- Approach the different types of questions: multiple choice, document-based, and essay questions
- Navigate all exam topics, from the Native Americans to the present day
- Analyze and connect political, economic, and social themes
- Recognize trick words
Complete with lists of ten monster event topics AP wants you to know, ten unstoppable cultural trends, and ten key court decisions, AP U.S. History For Dummies will help you ace this test!