How to Download YouTube Videos
YouTube is a video-sharing website where users post all kinds of media. YouTube is so popular that it has one billion unique visits every single month. From how-tos to educational cartoons, YouTube has a large selection of videos from every genre.
You’ve likely watched videos on YouTube and seen something that you might want to watch when you don’t have access to the internet. Need a cartoon for your child who watch while on an airplane? Or, maybe an instructional video to review while actually doing the task later? Downloading YouTube videos is quite simple.
How to download YouTube videos with Savefrom.net.
The easiest way to download YouTube videos involves using savefrom.net. It’s so simple that you don’t even have to visit the website directly.
Follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to Youtube and find the video that you want to download.
- Once you have found the video, highlight the full address in the navigation bar and add “ss” after the www portion of the URL.For example, if the website address is www.youtube.com/watchexample, you would type www.ssyoutube.com/watchexample.
- Once the address is complete and you have entered “ss” into the appropriate part of the URL address, hit enter on your keyboard.You will be redirected to savefrom.net’s website. A download button will appear on the screen.
- Click the download button and save the video to your device.
Your video is now downloaded to your device for viewing at a later time.
How to download YouTube videos with Keepvid
You can also use keepvid.com to download YouTube videos. This website works similarly to savefromnet.com.
Heed these steps to use Keepvid:
- Go to YouTube and find the video you’d like to download.
- Click the Share button underneath the video on YouTube to copy the link.
- Open a new window and navigate to keepvid.com.
- Paste the link into the download text box.
- Click download and save the video.All done!
Keepvid can also download videos from other websites, including videos posted to social media.
Before you begin downloading videos from YouTube, you need to understand the legal issues that accompany your use of those videos. YouTube content is copyrighted. That means that you absolutely cannot download it for anything other than personal use.
Also, Google (the owner of YouTube) includes terms of service for users. These terms specifically state: “You shall not download any Content unless you see a ‘download’ or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content” (Section 5 – B). The following is provided for informational purposes only.
There are several methods for downloading YouTube videos. The instructions above discuss two popular ways to complete the task, but other options exist. There are numerous software suites available to download these videos. If you prefer this method, you can easily find choices by searching the internet for “YouTube downloading software.” The directions you find here discuss the use of websites that are specifically created to download YouTube videos.