Who Can Benefit from Mindful Eating?
The wonderful part about mindful eating is that it can benefit anyone and everyone. No matter how old you are, what you do, where you live, how active you are or how much you weigh, everyone can reap the rewards of eating more mindfully.
Mindful eating can be especially helpful to you if:
- You notice you regularly eat when you’re not hungry.
- You’ve tried many different diets with little success.
- You struggle with being over- or underweight.
- Your health is having a negative impact on other areas of your life, including your relationships.
- Your health is causing you pain, suffering, or general discontent.
- Your health is preventing you from living the life you truly want to be living.
- You’re constantly thinking about food and what you should or shouldn’t be eating.
- You feel uncomfortable in your body.
- You want to discover how to become more mindful about your food choices.
- You regularly eat to cover up your emotions.
- You eat as a method of distraction.
- You’re afraid to eat from fear of gaining weight.
- You’re afraid to eat in front of other people.
- You want to feel better about and more accepting of your body.
- You feel that you’re too busy to eat healthfully.