Doing a Quick House Flip
When you’re just getting started, be sure to pick an easy property to flip — a great house that’s merely cosmetically challenged. Then make the following improvements:
- Clean everything thoroughly.
- Repaint the interior walls, all white.
- Install new wall-to-wall carpeting where it makes sense to carpet.
- Replace all light-switch and outlet covers.
- Spruce up the landscaping.
The idea is to freshen up the house on the cheap to give it a nice, clean, manicured appearance.
If possible, time the sale for spring or fall, when demand is typically higher or be prepared for the house to linger on the market if you plant your For Sale sign in the winter.