Provide users with helpful feedback
Customize page appearance
Examine or change HTML form data
Create simple animations
Create complex animations
Perform server-side processing
Make your Web site easy for folks to navigate
- Create expandable site maps.
- Add tooltips — helpful bits of text that appear when a user moves a mouse over a particular section of your Web site.
- Swap images when a user drags a mouse over a certain area of the screen. (This effect is called a mouse rollover, and it helps users determine at a glance which parts of your Web page are interactive, or clickable.)
- Inspect the data that your users enter and pop up helpful suggestions if they make an invalid entry.
- Display a thank-you message after a user submits a form.
- Load content into multiple frames when a user clicks a button so that the user can view multiple chunks of related information at the same time.
Customize the way your Web site looks on-the-fly
- The specific kinds and versions of browser that visitors use to view your page
- The current date or time
- Your users' behaviors the last time they visited your pages
- Your users' stated preferences
- Any other criteria you can imagine
Create cool, dynamic animated effects