Using Movie Templates in Flash CS3
To help you create Flash movies more easily, Flash CS3 comes with a few templates for common types of movies. Instructions are included on the templates. To create a Flash movie from a template, choose File --> New and click the Templates tab. In the New from Template dialog box, select a category, select one of the templates, and then click OK.
You can choose from the following template categories:
- Advertising: Contains a Stage of the ad size you choose.
- BREW Handsets: Creates movies for wireless handsets that use the BREW (Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless) software platform.
- Consumer Devices: Creates movies for Chumby and iRiver devices. For example, iRiver produces portable media players that can play suitable Flash movies.
- Global Handsets: Creates movies for Nokia, Sony Ericsson, and Windows Mobile 5 phones.
- Japanese Handsets: Creates movies for certain Japanese phones.
- Photo Slideshows: Creates a slide show of photos.
- Quiz: Creates a quiz, complete with several types of question formats and answer feedback. This template's instructions are fairly involved.
When you open a new movie from a template, you should save it as a movie. This way, the template is unchanged, and you are free to make any changes you want.
You can also save movies as templates. If you create a movie that you want to reuse in many variations, choose File --> Save as Template to open the Save as Template dialog box.
Type a name, choose a category, and enter a description for your template. Then click Save. From now on, you can open your template like any of the templates that come with Flash, just as described above. Using templates can save you lots of work!
To create your own category for templates, type a category name in the Category list box instead of choosing one of the existing categories in the list.