How to Administer CPR to Your Dog
How to Brush Your Dog’s Teeth
How to Clean Your Dog’s Ears

How to Help a Dog Injured from Electrical Shock

Occasionally a dog, usually a puppy, will bite down on an electric cord and suffer electrical shock, often accompanied by burns. The dog may be unconscious and have burns around her mouth and on her tongue.

If you find your dog unconscious near an electrical cord, turn off the power to the socket before touching your dog.

Examine the dog using the A-B-C protocol — checking airway, breathing, and circulation. Administer CPR if the dog is in shock or is unconscious. When the dog is conscious, give first aid for burns and get her to your veterinarian immediately.

blog comments powered by Disqus
What to Do If Your Dog Gets Stuck with Porcupine Quills
What to Do about Your Dog’s Scooting
Get Your Puppy Spayed or Neutered
What to Do If Your Dog Is Bleeding
Helpful Websites about Dogs