Foster Good Feedback as an eBay Seller or Buyer
At eBay, you are only as good as your feedback says you are. If you're selling, here's how to get a good reputation:
- Establish contact with the buyer (pronto!) after the auction ends.
- After you've received payment, send out the item quickly.
- Make sure that your item is exactly the way you described it.
- Package the item well and ship it with care.
- React quickly and appropriately to problems -- for example, the item's lost or damaged in the mail or the buyer is slow in paying.
If you're buying, try these good-rep tips:
- Send your payment fast.
- Keep in touch via e-mail with the seller.
- Work with the seller to resolve any problems in a courteous manner.
If you're selling, here's what to do to tarnish your name big time:
- Tell a major fib in the item description.
- Take the money but "forget" to ship the item.
- Package the item poorly so that it ends up smashed, squashed, or vaporized during shipping.
If you're buying, here's how to make your status a serious mess:
- Bid on an item, win the auction, and never respond to the seller.
- Send a personal check that bounces and never make good on the payment.
- Ask the seller for a refund because you just don't like the item.