Creating a New Project in Office Live
When using Office Live, the first step in project management is to identify the project and create a record of all the details. You do this by using an Office Live Premium Business Application called Project Manager. After you create a new project, you can then associate milestones, tasks, and issues to help you track the project from start to finish.
All your projects appear in a list on the Projects tab of the Project Manager. You can customize the list to best suit your business needs. You can also add the project list to the Project Manager dashboard so you can view a recap of your projects, along with any outstanding milestones, tasks, and issues.
Follow these steps to create a new Office Live project:
1. Click Business Applications on the Navigation bar of your Office Live home page and choose Project Manager.
The Project Manager dashboard opens.
2. Click the Projects tab.
3. Click the New icon.
The Projects - New Item page opens.
4. Fill in the Project details.
Only three of the fields (Project, Status, and Health) are required fields. You can edit the project at a later date to fill in more details — or change the existing ones — if necessary.
• Project: Name the project with a word or phrase to help you identify it.
• Account: Select an account from the drop-down list to associate the project with one of your Business Contact Manager Accounts.
• Category: You can categorize the project type as Create, Analyze, Manage, or Improve.
• Status: You must assign a status of Open, Proposed, Not Started, or Closed.
• Start Date: The date on which the project is scheduled to begin.
• End Date: The date on which the project is due.
• Health: You must assign a project health assessment of Critical, At Risk, or On Track.
• Owner: Select an Office Live user as Project Manager.
• % Complete: Fill in your best guesstimate of how far along the project is in its overall progress.
• Budget: Enter the dollar amount you're allotting to this project.
• Budget in Days: Enter the number of days you're allotting to this project.
• Comments: Add a comment if you need to add a longer explanation of the project.
5. Click OK to save your project.
You return to the Project tab where your new project is now included with the other projects in the Project List.