Choosing a Calendar View on Your BlackBerry
To open your BlackBerry Calendar, go to the Home screen, press the menu key, and then select Calendar. The first time you open Calendar, you'll likely see the Day view, which is a default setting, as shown in Figure 1. However, you can change the Calendar view to one that works better for your needs:
- Day: This view gives you a summary of your appointments for the day. By default, it lists all your appointments from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Week: This view shows you a seven-day summary view of your appointments. By using this view, you can see how busy You're in a particular week.
- Month: The Month view shows you every day of the month. You can't tell how many appointments are in a day, but you can see on which days you have appointments.
- Agenda: The Agenda view is a bit different from the other views. It isn't a time-based view like the others; it basically lists your upcoming appointments. In the list, you see details of the appointments, such as where and when.
Different views (like the ones shown in Figure 2) offer you a different focus on your schedule. Select the view you want based on your scheduling needs and preferences. If your life is a little more complicated, you can even use a combination of views for a full grasp of your schedule.
To switch between different Calendar views, simply follow these steps:
1. From the Home screen, press the menu key and then select Calendar.
Doing so calls up the Calendar application in its default view — more than likely Day view.
2. Press the menu key and then select the view of your choice from the menu that appears (shown in Figure 3).
If you start from Day view, your choices are View Week, View Month, and View Agenda.