How to Create a Family Calendar on Your iPad
Your iPad helps you manage your schedule with Calendar. If you set up the Family Sharing feature, you can create a group calendar to share events with up to five other people. After you set up Family Sharing, you have to make sure that the Calendar sharing feature is on.
- Tap Settings → iCloud to open the iCloud screen. If Family Sharing is set up, you see Family; proceed to Step 2.
If not, you see Set Up Family Sharing.
- Tap the Calendars on/off switch to turn that setting on if it’s not already on.
- Press the Home button to return to the home screen.
- Open the Calendar app.
- Tap the Calendars link at the bottom of the screen.
- On the resulting screen, scroll down to make sure that Family is selected.
- Tap Done. Now when you create a new event in the New Event dialog, tap Calendar and choose Family or Show All Calendars.
The event details will note that the event is from the Family calendar.