How to Wirelessly Sync Your iPhone to iTunes
You can connect your iPhone to a computer and use the tools there to sync content on your computer to your iPhone. Also, with Wi-Fi turned on in Settings, use the iTunes Wi-Fi Sync setting to allow cordless syncing if you’re within range of a Wi-Fi network that has a computer connected to it with iTunes installed and open.
There are a few steps you have to take with your iPhone connected to your computer before you can perform a wireless sync with iTunes:
- If you’re charging with an electrical outlet, remove the power adapter.
- Use the Lightning to USB Cable to connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Open iTunes, then click the icon of an iPhone that appears in the tools in the left corner of the screen.
- Click the check box labeled Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi.
You may need to scroll down a bit to see the Sync with This iPhone over Wi-Fi option.
- Click Apply in the lower-right corner of the iTunes window.
- Disconnect your iPhone from your computer.
You can click any item on the left side of the screen shown to handle settings for syncing such items as Movies, Music, and Apps. In the Apps category, you can also choose to remove certain apps from your Home screens. You can also tap the list of items in the On My Device section on the left side to view and even play contents directly from your iPhone.
After you complete the preceding steps, you’ll be able to wirelessly sync your iPhone with your computer. Follow these steps:
- Back up your iPhone.
- On the iPhone, tap Settings → General → iTunes Wi-Fi Sync. The iTunes Wi-Fi Sync settings appear.
- In the iTunes Wi-Fi Sync settings, tap Sync Now to sync with a computer connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- If you need to connect your iPhone to a network, tap Settings → Wi-Fi, then tap a network to join.
If you have your iPhone set up to sync wirelessly to your Mac or PC, and both are within range of the same Wi-Fi network, iPhone will appear in your iTunes Devices list. This setup allows you to sync and manage syncing from within iTunes.
Your iPhone will automatically sync with iTunes once a day if both are on the same Wi-Fi network, iTunes is running, and your iPhone is charging.