Managing Your iPhone X Contacts
You access your address book by tapping the Phone icon on the Home screen of your iPhone X. Some of the things you can do with contacts in the Phone application include the following:
- Create a new contact: Tap Contacts at the bottom of the screen, and then tap the + icon in the upper right. Or press the Contacts icon and choose Create New Contact from the Quick Actions list that appears.
Enter the contact information, and then tap Done.
- See contact info from the Favorites, Recents, or Voicemail screen: Tap the little i-in-a-circle next to the message. The contact’s information appears. Tap the contact’s phone number or email address to contact the person by phone or email, respectively.
- Add a caller to your contacts: Press on a phone number or name and choose to Call, Message, Add to Existing Contact, or Create New Contact.
Or you can tap Recents or Voicemail, and then tap the little i-in-a-circle next to the person’s number. Tap Create New Contact, enter the contact information, and then tap Done.
- Add a contact after dialing a number with the keypad: Enter the number on the numeric keypad, and then tap the +-in-a-circle on the left of the number. Then either tap Create New Contact and enter the contact information or tap Add to Existing Contact and select a contact. After you’re finished, tap Done.
- Don’t forget the extremely useful but semi-hidden Send Message, Share Contact, and Add to Favorites buttons. This trio of useful buttons appears on each contact’s Info screen at the very bottom; if you don’t see them, just scroll down a bit and you will.