How to Run a Scan on Your Windows 10 Laptop with Windows Defender
Despite your best efforts at using safe practices, you may find yourself with a virus or malware on your laptop. These are not fun and often slow the functionality of your computer. You can take a few proactive steps to make sure your laptop is safe by running a scan with Window Defender. To do so, just follow these easy steps.
- In the Settings window, click Update & Security, and then click the Windows Defender option on the left side.
- In the Windows Defender dialog box that appears, click Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- In the window that appears, click the Virus and Threat Protection button on the left side (it’s shaped like a shield).
- Click the Quick Scan button.
Windows Defender scans your computer and reports any findings.
- Click Advanced Scan in the Windows Defender Security Center window to choose among a full scan, a custom scan, or an offline scan.
Windows Defender scans your laptop according to your choice and reports any findings.