How to Use Instagram Stories for Your Social Media Marketing Strategy
You might consider using Instagram stories as part of your social media marketing strategy. Instagram has a stories feature that enables users to share rapid-fire images and video. stories give a place to add a sequence of photos or a video to illustrate a story. In this way, prolific Instagram posters can share a group of photos without hogging their friends’ feeds.
Take these steps to use Instagram stories:
- On your home screen, tap the Your Story button, at the top right below the camera icon.
- Take a photo by tapping the round button at the bottom, or take a video by holding down the button for up to 10 seconds.
- (Optional) Enhance your photo or video:
- Add a sticker: Tap the square button with the smiley face.
- Add a doodle: Tap the paintbrush.
- Add text: Tap the Aa button.
For more on enhancements, see Instagram’s Help Center.
- Save the photo, add it to your story, or click the arrow button to share to your story or with specific users.
- Tap Send, at the bottom of the screen.
Instagram and Snapchat stories share many of the same features. For example, video and photos uploaded to Instagram stories are temporary, unlike photos posted to Instagram on your regular feed. You can also see who viewed your Instagram stories. If you’re using Instagram to share stunning one-off images rather than a story, don’t feel you need to use the additional features. Use Instagram in a manner that best suits you and your community.